26 June 2012

Reflections on my work history

The longer people get to know me the more they realize in my life I have had a LOT of jobs.  When I think about all the jobs I have had I start to wonder if I have some form of ADD, but I've come to realize that it isn't a lack of concentration it's just more of a desire to do and see and experience as much out of life as possible and if I can get paid for that experience all the better.  So for my friends out there that want to know what jobs (gonna include paid and non-paid) I've actually had here it goes... in no particular order:

  1. Amusement park ride operator
  2. Costumed character at Chuck E Cheeses
  3. Costumed character at amusement park
  4. EMT (really more of an intern before I took the exam)
  5. Certified phelbotomist (also helped certify others)
  6. In-N-Out burger
  7. business to business sales person selling frame posters
  8. pizza delivery driver
  9. photographer and make up artist for mall photos
  10. Cast member at Disney Store (2x)
  11. Student staff assistant (basic office stuff)
  12. Theatre electrician
  13. Stage actor (not paid but gave me experience for other acting jobs)
  14. TV/Movie extra
  15. Theatre lighting designer
  16. Theatre electrics shop assistant
  17. Costco membership
  18. Executive assistant for wine rack design company
  19. Investment banking (job description is a bit long and complex but not a trader)
  20. Bartender
  21. Waitress (at a country club and at a restaurant)
  22. Receptionist (for a wealth management firm and escrow office)
  23. Office manager for structural engineering firm
  24. Improv contract performer for Halloween at Sea World
  25. Contract performer for Halloween at Magic Mountain
  26. Volunteer for National Park Service in the Natural Resource Science
  27. Intern horse trainer
  28. Lab assistant in biogeochemistry lab
  29. Research assistant in geology soils lab
  30. Wildlife Assistant (got paid to go hiking and survey animals AWESOME)
  31. Barista at Starbucks
  32. Native English Teacher in Korea
I think that's it. I might be leaving a couple out but if I am they're repeats of something else like the two retail stores I've worked in (The Gap and Gottchalks).

When I return to the USA, I'll be a graduate student and a TA as well as hopefully return to Starbucks during my studies.  After that who knows where the job search will take me... kinda hoping for South America doing some research... but I'm not gonna plan on anything.

Up next ... 2 months left in Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment